Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lunches

I need help!

I really need to make my lunch and take it to work with me on the days I'm at uni - i just can't afford to buy food.

But I'm getting bored of ham and salad rolls.

Does anyone have any ideas for things I can take to uni that don't need heating up?

We made pasties once, although that wasn't perfect as the pastry went a bit soppy. And I think we made, or thought about making mini-fritatas, but I don't really like them all that much.

It needs to be cheap, quick and tasty :)

6 comments:

Aimee said...

Check out taste.com.au and under 'recipe collection' select 'lunch box ideas' for heaps of free recipes.
My suggestions:
- Make a frittata
- Make salads at night (they will keep fine without dressing which you can add in the morning before you leave if you like)and have with crispbread or bread.
- tuna nicoise
- zucchini slice
- spinach pie
- savoury muffins
these would all take preparation, but some you could bake in bulk and freeze for when you just want to 'grab and go'!

Aimee said...

oops, you said you didn't like frittatas - scrap that as a suggestion then! :)

onlinesoph said...

cheese and bacon scrolls? I have a recipe if you want.

Or maybe mix it up with sandwich fillings. I sometimes get a tub of philly cream cheese and mix it with tuna, chopped spring onions and canned corn. Then spread it on a bread, or crispbread. Yum. You can make a whole batch for the week in one go.

soph said...

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I must be picky... I don't like tuna! lol... I wish i did. It seems like the easiest lunch solution ever.

Will have to give the baked things a try. Would love your scroll recipe soph - was that the one we had at the women's retreat planning brunch? Yum.

onlinesoph said...

it was - though mine didn't turn out that great! I'll pass it on.

Ben McLaughlin said...

some sort of pasta salad?