Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Cup of Jo

I read this blog called A Cup of Jo, because she seems like a pretty cool New Yorker with a pretty cool job and great taste.

It's like an insight into another world...

I just thought this interview with her was interesting, actually discovering how someone makes it in the magazine industry. Soph R I thought you might be interested too.

Her constant networking sounds exhausting! Work is her life.

I have no aspirations to be a fashion/lifestyle writer, but I do dream of writing features (Good Weekend/The Monthly/New Yorker Style) one day. It's just interesting to see how people make it.

2 comments:

onlinesoph said...

all that constant networking sounds terrifying! I don't think I could do it.

If only there was a way to get the job without the crazy work/life mix...

soph said...

hahah indeed. Not sure there is though. I think the job has to be your life. Depressing!