Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Flattie

I pulled out of the driveway of our unit block the other night, and I heard a disturbing sound from the back of my vehicle, and decided to ignore it.

Pretty soon I was pulled up on Canterbury Road, with a flat tyre.
I rang the NRMA, and told them I had a pumped up spare in my boot. I bought this car in April, second hand, and I knew there was a tyre in the back.

The NRMA man comes, and assesses the situation.... soon he discovered I had a flat tyre... in the boot, as well as on the car. DOH.

Anyway, so he wasn't particularly comforting. In fact, his words were "have you been at the club?" Meaning the Canterbury/Hurlstone Park RSL... I couldn't work out what he was asking. Did he think I looked drunk!? Was I that dumb.

And then he said "Because it smells" And i'm like, what? Dude, please just tell me something reassuring about my car.

Anyway, I pointed to the dumpster next to my car and said "That's what smells". I still don't get the club comment, but he seemed to laugh as he said it, maybe it was a joke... not sure of the punch line.

He did eventually reassure me, and get me back on the road. Next day I got two new tyres at a shockingly expensive price, but I guess them's the brakes... or is that, them's the tyres.

No comments: