Thursday, October 30, 2008

Envelope Joy





I heart mail :)

I received two completely unexpected, hand-addressed packages in the mail today, and it warmed the cockles of my heart.


One was from my father, a collection of vouchers - petrol and otherwise. He's so cute like that. Everytime I go to my parent's house, dad's got a bag of groceries for me that he's bought on special. I think he sees it as his way of helping me out while I do my current job. The cutest part is they're usually things I would never actually buy - like cans of soup. I don't often use cans of soup, but it's the thought that counts. And he goes through phases. So I think we've just been through the bottled mineral water phase (!).


The other surprise was a package from a friend who flew to India a couple of days ago. He's off around the world for a year, but sent me this awesome hand-made duck toy, which he sewed himself. So awesome. I love my crafty friends! Don't you think it looks like the Leunig duck?




Here's Mr duck next to a postcard I have on a wall near my computer, which is a photo of an actual duck.


No comments: