Monday, December 29, 2008

Music in 2008

Pitchfork has released their top 50 albums and top 100 tracks of the year. It's a bit disconcerting going through the list – each year I become more and more removed from what's out there in the music world. This year's list was particularly worrying, until I reached the top 10, and hadn't heard of most of the albums. I was relieved to find Fleet Foxes at number 1 – an album I own and like, and while I too think it's the album of the year, I'm not sure I'd put it way out in front.

What's your album of the year?

Here's my top 4 (can't do a top 5 -I think these may be the only four cds I bought this year!)

Death Cab for Cutie – Narrow Stairs
Fleet Foxes – Fleet Foxes
Liam Finn – I'll be Lightning
Patrick Watson – Close to Paradise

I'd love to put a few Aussie releases in, I could probably find some if I tried, I've heard many a fine track on FBI. I just don’t own any of them.

No comments: