Saturday, June 28, 2008

Breakfast


I just love going out for breakfast. I think it's partly because it was always so special as a kid when mum got out the fry pan and cooked a proper brekky.

A couple of months ago, my uni friends introduced me to my new local cafe - Big Brekky - on Stanmore Rd, and it was incredible. I've been lusting after the food there ever since.

So, because it's holidays, Jo and I went down to Big Brekky this morning for a treat. I ordered the Nim's eggs (same as last time) and Jo the eggs benedict.

Nim is the owner of the restaurant, and her signature dish is two poached eggs, bacon, home made pesto and a lucious banana chutney on your choice of bread. And boy - does it hit the spot! I had it on rye bread this morning, and it was amazing! The mixture of sweet and savoury with the banana combo is just awesome. Jo's benedict looked good - ham straight off the bone, with a beautiful hollandaise.

They also do good coffee.

So next time you're in the 'Sham, check it out, opposite Petersham Evening Church on Stanmore Rd.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i looooove Brekky!
It was my where i chose to have my birthday breakfast last year and nathan bought me my very own jar of the banana chutney.... YUM!!!!

soph said...

Yay a fellow Brekky fan! Wow I didn't know they sold the chutney! mmm

Ben McLaughlin said...

with you there. Brekky is my favourite hobby. That photo made my mouth water.