Wednesday, February 24, 2010

shadows on parade

Photobucket


This photo taken by my brother's girlfriend on the weekend reminds me of Laura Gibson's delicate song, Shadows on Parade (you can listen to it via the link)

I have carried beasts of many Seasons
their bullied bodies burdening my spine
But when your eyes came rushing up to greet them
I cast them off to keep them in my sight
I would watch their shadows on parade

I've been chasing clouds of many colors,
their blurry bodies I have claimed my own
carried by the wind that took our fathers
captive to their cautionary words
I could see their shadows on parade

I will hold my days in moving pictures
and carry their impressions in my eyes
In all that was escaping us, and all that we could hold in place
I saw you shining brighter than before

No comments: