Monday, August 24, 2009

Stitches and Craft show



So the craft show was good. When I first walked in I was a bit worried. All I could see for miles were tacky appliques, lace doilies, freaky looking dolls and the ShamWOW guy.

Thankfully, I soon realised there were four levels to the venue, and the top level had the good stuff. Some of the stalls I enjoyed were:






The highlight of the day, however, was watching Handmade Nation, a documentary about the handmade movement in the US. It made me want to become a bespoke printmaker like the cool dudes at Little Friends of Printmaking.

The other highlight was watching a sock monster making demonstration by Claire of Craft Schmaft.
image credits: from the top - shelbyville buttons, cloth skirt, craft schmaft owl, sonic youth poster by little friends of printmaking.

No comments: