Wednesday, August 12, 2009

In the Zone

I'm in the zone... you know that lovely warm place of happiness after you've thought your way around something?

I'm currently writing a seminar for our church weekend away on creativity, and it's taken quite a bit of thinking and studying, which are two of my favourite past times. I get a real buzz from developing logic from disparate information, bringing it together into a coherent whole. That's what I loved about journalism, and still enjoy about all forms of writing. Creating meaning out of what could be chaos.

It makes me miss uni, and the triumph felt when before you is an essay - built like a jenga tower - with pieces of logic and reasoning that form a complex argument that hangs together.

Thinking about going back to uni next year... a bit scared to though. Not sure if it's the right decision. But how does one ever know?

No comments: