Thursday, August 6, 2009

all songs considered


One of my favourite podcasts (second to This American Life) is All Songs Considered, on NPR.
Two recent shows I enjoyed - one featuring new/exciting bands from the Pitchfork Music Festival and their "Best Songs of 2009 (so far...)" show. Here's their voters' top 5:

5; Listomania - Phoenix (touring in Aus this week actually)

4; Zero - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

3; Bloodbank - Bon Iver

2; Two Weeks - Grizzly Bear

1; My Girls - Animal Collective

I would've probably put Grizzly Bears' Two Weeks in at number one. So DANG CATCHY! And more awesome with this video.

Glad my favourite band Wilco's new album made it into top 5 albums of the year, also the Decemberists, another favourite. Sad Andrew Bird only made it to 6.

grizzly photo credit

No comments: