Monday, February 23, 2009

How not to relax

I think I have information overload. I feel stressed from reading too much, browsing too much and thinking too much. This is not good.

My problem is I have a voracious appetite for new things: ideas, images, words being the mainstayers. I seek them out aggressively - I read blog after blog, book after book, browse flickr till my eyes hurt.

It's my way of relaxing/escaping/being energised, but and at the end, I feel exhausted. Inspired - but exhausted.

Is this anyone else's experience?

It's probably a cliche to say it, but I think my(our?) generation really does have to navigate a sea of information, which churns and churns. It's wonderful, (and therefore addictive); makes you feel part of something bigger than yourself. BUT it's also actually really tiring.

I'm still trying to work out how to actually relax.

No comments: