Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Waiting for Godot in the Loft


Last week I took one of the students I meet up with postering. This means walking through the humanities and social sciences faculty pinning up our poster on any random space we can find.



Our dream is to have people come along to our public meetings, called "God In the Loft" (named because it's at a cafe on campus called the Loft), because they see the poster. But in reality, we're really just wanting to make a bit of background noise around campus so people know the Christians do exist.




But I was chuffed to find out today that someone had gone around graffiti-ing the posters with texta, adding 'ot' to the end of God. In other words "Find Godot... in the Loft". The student who came postering with me was very perplexed, so I explained it was a reference to the absurdist Samuel Beckett play, Waiting for Godot. I discovered the play in my last year of school when I was a bit of an existential try-hard. There was something thrilling about knowing other existential try-hards were engaging with our God posters. yay!

No comments: