Monday, October 19, 2009

the waiting game

I'm going through that time in life again when many paths stretch out before me, and it's hard to know which one i'll end up on.


My job at Christians in the Media ends at the end of the year, and I'm excited to be doing something new and different next year. I posted not long ago about my plan to do a Masters of Creative Writing at Sydney in the evenings, and this is still my plan, but it's been harder than I thought to find a part-time job to complement my studies.


So i've bitten the bullet and applied for a full-time journalism job. It's the kind of job that if my shifts were right, I could probably do a subject or two a semester on top, but it's not ideal.


And that's if I actually get the job. It's a difficult dance, the applying-for-jobs-during-financial-crisis jig, and it's difficult knowing what to apply for and when. Just gotta sit it out and see what happens.

No comments: