Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Rizzeria/TwoThousand

A few months ago I posted some of my favourite Sydney things on this blog. One of them was the Hopetoun Hotel, which I learned this week is going to close (BIG SIGH). Gah it's all due to annoying council red tape, but hopefully someone will buy the place and keep its integrity while meeting the council's conditions.

Anyway, side point. There is actually site out there that gives all of Sydney's secrets away, weekly. It's called TwoThousand. There's also ThreeThousand (Melbourne), FourThousand (Brisbane) , FiveThousand (Adelaide) and SixThousand (Perth).

Of course it's not your average tourist guide, but a 'snapshot of Sydney subculture'. They recommend all sorts of fun and hidden things from shops and cafes to public parks, and sometimes there are some absolute gems.

Such as The Rizzeria. Wow. I feel like I've been living under a rock. I had no idea there was a cheap, friendly old-fashioned printing press a stone's-throw away in St Peter's. I'm sure many bespoke band posters I've seen and wondered 'how??' were printed there. They run mastercourses, and do Gocco prints.... how rad.

They have a flickr stream too, where this image is taken from.

No comments: