Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Brown Owls Take 2


Tonight's our second Brown Owls gathering.

For the uninitiated, it's a bunch of crafters who meet in a pub in Brunswick every fortnight to hang out and craft together.

Kris (the dreadlocked one) and I did book sculptures last week. It was good for me to learn how to do them, but didn't really suit the vibe. Every one else was doing something with wool - crochet, knitting, or making pom poms.

There's only so many books you can fold, and only so much time you can spend folding. So I did a last minute dash to the wool shop today. I'm going the lazy route and will knit a scarf.

I've made a few scarfs in my time, but none of them wearable (in my opinion). And let's face it, Sydney doesn't really get cold enough to wear a woollen scarf.

Melbourne, however...

So, I'm making a stripy scarf out of these colours. I really like the greeny/yellow wool. I don't even know what colour to call it. It's slightly more green in real life.

However, I'd forgotten how expensive wool is. This scarf better be awesome!

3 comments:

Thora and Dean said...

fun!

and hold on a second - sydney doesn't get cold enough for woollen scarves?!?!?!?!

it so does.

(that's my story and i'm sticking to it - how else do i explain the 50 or so scarves that are in my wardrobe?!?!?!)

soph said...

I worded that carefully... "woollen" scarves...

There is room for other materials, for sure!

Joanna said...

One of the joys of Melbourne - for this Qld-er anyway - lots of opportunities to wear scarves and stylish coats.