Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Reci-pie

My friend James is a pretty mean cook, and when I say mean, I mean like he's good and stuff.

He's also vegetarian. He cooked this amazing Shepherd's pie the other day that was better than any meat version I've tried. I think it was possibly all about the cream in the mash, but let's agree it's his magic touch.

Anyway, the lovely one has shared his secret reci-pie with me. So here it is. You must, must try it. And the splodging is an important step, by the way.

I think it will become a winter staple in my humble kitchen.

Shoeparts Pie


Mash spuds
1.boil spuds
2. drain + add few knobs of butter, 1/2 cup cream, salt and pepper
3.mash
Beany mixture
1.onion+garlic
2. some chilli + paprika
3. 2xtins of bean mix, 1xtin of green lentils
4. peas
5. tin of tomatos
6. 3-4 bay leaves, salt and pepper
7. when its all cooked nicely, i stirred in 4 eggs whites quite quickly so they didnt cook instantly in the mixture

Then splodge it in the dish with cheese and bake in a hot oven for like 35-40min

No comments: