Thursday, March 19, 2009

People Watching


I went to see a movie by myself last night (anyone done that before?), on a whim because my homegroup was cancelled, and I had a movie voucher. I saw Slumdog Millionaire - but I won't bother reviewing it as whatever I say will merely be drop in the ocean of words out there on the subject.


I had a bit of time to kill before the movie, so wandered around George Street, and World Square. As I came back to the cinema, I noticed all these young men standing by themselves, ipods glued to their ears, looking furtively out into the night. I guess they were waiting for dates - either way, it was particularly enjoyable to watch them squirm. It's funny how socially awkward standing waiting for someone can be.


Is that a little awful of me to find pleasure in such a sight?

I think it's only fair, because after the movie I was bombarded with hand-holding, hair touching, couples. Wednesday night must be date night or something. It was pretty crazy. I felt a bit of a pariah, being single, alone and people watching. But it's what I do best ;)

No comments: