Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My father's secret double life

When I was little, we used to often drive down the Pacific Highway, and go past the Bob Jane T-Mart shop at Artarmon. My dad looked so much like the sketch drawing of Bob Jane on their logo that for a good few years I was *convinced* my father was actually Bob Jane, and had been lying to us about working for the Bureau of Statistics.

The logo's changed now, and doesn't look so much like him, but I can't find the old one. Although in my opinion, he looks like the newest logo too!







I now laugh at the thought of my father having a double life. But when I was 5, it was devastating! i

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah, that's funny.
When I was little, I heard my dad reciting the Spike Milligan poem Ning Nang Nong and I assumed that my dad wrote it. So in kindergarten I would recite it and tell kids that my dad made it.

..I was wrong though :p