Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Winter


So loving it. I love the feeling of a brisk wind on my face. Not so much my toes, but the face - yes.

It makes me nostalgic about Orange. It snowed there this week! I miss going for walks on the weekend and being hit by sleet on the way home, being glued to the radio for updates on the icy roads, and taking in stunning vistas of Mt Canobolas from my bedroom. I wore my big eskimo jacket everywhere, and my beanie and scarves got a good work out.

But all is well in Sydney, and I plan to get to the mountains soon, to experience winter for what it's worth. And I think a few friends of mine are planning a trip to Cowra, so I might pop in on Orange on the way back if we do end up going.

I'm not sure why I'm attracted to cold climates. It's a dream of mine to visit Tasmania one day, and parts of Europe. Don't think I could do the Antarctic though!

No comments: