Sunday, April 13, 2008

Holidays!

I have a week of holidays. I would like to go away, but won't be able to, so I'm trying to make sure it feels like a holiday of sorts. I wanted to go to Canberra for the Turner to Monet exhibition, but I might have to do that next week when mum and dad can both make it.

Tomorrow though, I'm heading to their place where Mum will tell me all her knitting secrets, and then we're going to Spotlight at Auburn to buy wool! I'm pretty excited about this - Mum knows some fancy techniques and I'm eager to learn. Plus I just like hanging out with her, and during term time I'm only really free on weekends, which is when she's asleep, because she does night duty at the hospital.

On Tuesday mum and I are going to the zoo - she has some tickets which she needs to use up - so why not? The last time I went there was early high school I think, either for an excursion or a girl guide event... so it'll be nice to go purely for leisure! I'm not sure what I'll like about seeing a whole lot of animals in cages, but I guess if they're cute then I'll be entertained...

On Wednesday I'm going to be at home in the day, because I have an appointment, and then in the evening I'm going to see Grand Salvo at the Factory Theatre, supported by Machine Translations. Really looking forward to this. I've never seen the Salvo live.

Thursday I will set out on an adventure - maybe the mountains, maybe Newcastle, just want to go somewhere on a train (so I can read, write, knit and listen to music) and explore. Yet to decide what to do with that one.

Friday, I plan to get my car repaired and washed so I can sell it asap.

Yay for holidays. It's not even holidays yet and I feel good. So nice not to have things I have to do. I mean there are things I could do, but will leave them for next week.

My main aim this week? To rest up and to see some autumn leaves...

1 comment:

Nixter said...

Sounds like a lovely week Soph - hope you have fun wool shopping, hanging with your Mum and going to the zoo.

I loveeee the zoo! We should do coffee soon!