Saturday, December 22, 2007

I described the view of the mountains from my house in Orange in my last post. Well here is a photo taken just moments ago from my front door, looking south-west.


Incredibly violent storms ripped through our part of the country today, with falls of around 100 mils in 24 hours, which is incredible. Places like Gulargambone which haven't seen rain in months, were drenched, if not flooded. Anyway, this afternoon, the sky cleared up. It is freezing outside, probably around 12 degrees, with the windchill factor, but there is a beautiful sunset.

In this photo, you can see a flock of birds flying across the horizon. You can also just see the steeple of the church in the centre of town, next to the tree on the left. I will miss how picturesque the country is. Orange is particularly lovely, and is at an altitude where you really notice the weather.






1 comment:

Nixter said...

Yay - Soph is on blogger. I look forward to reading more in the new year. Love ya and Merry Christmas lovely girl!