Friday, August 12, 2011

Music to roam and come home to

I have some musical delights to share with you!

Winter always gives me the urge to roam, with the wind whipping around my hair and a scarf about my neck. For such purposes, I can't go past Jordie Lane's aching tunes. He's just released a new album, Blood Thinner, the first video and single from which are below. Think harmonica, delicate guitars, and the odd banjo.

But once one's been-a-roaming, one wants to spend the night in, ensconced in a blanket, cup of tea in hand. Miss Hollie Fullbrook who is Tiny Ruins sings to me in these more domestic moments. She does quiet, unassuming folk that creeps up on you like the high tide at full moon. Her new album, Some Were Meant for Sea has just been released. I hope she soothes you too.




07 Old Time Spell (from Blood Thinner) by jordielane









Below is the catchy single from her EP released late last year. You may have even heard it on the wireless.

No comments: