Thursday, April 22, 2010

Life's Questions: April





I was going to do a Life Lessons for April post, but then I realised I think I have more questions than answers this month. So I'll throw them out there and my wise readers (that's you) can help me.

*How does one go about displaying a tea towel? Should I frame it? How? (in case you're wondering ... it's a tea towel with a Rob Ryan paper cut design on it. I like it enough to never want to use it)

*How many times can you listen to an album before it becomes excessive? I have a few on repeat at the moment.. and when I say repeat I mean I listen to them multiple times a day. Is this bad? Maybe I have an addictive personality... watch out.

*When you're at the swimming pool, and you're in the Medium lane and the guy in front of you's going really slow, what's the etiquette, given there's probably someone behind you too? Do you overtake, dawdle, ask him to move down a lane? I decided to dawdle, and then hovered at the end of the lane to make a bigger gap between us. Hmmmmmm lane politics.

Well that about covers all the big issues in life, doesn't it.

If you too have pressing questions for April, maybe you can put them down in the comments section and we can start a new agony aunt thing. Nice.

Ahh feeling like this blog is completely silly and pointless at the moment, but that's ok, right?

6 comments:

luce said...

Defo overtake, swimmers should swim to the left of the lane so you can over take on the right, just merge back after awhile so you don't kick him in the face, or make him feel bad..

soph said...

But what if you're not going fast enough to overtake him easily, but fast enough that his feet/splash are in your face? awkward.

luce said...

I know, I know. I've been there - trust me. This calls for risk assessment. Can you muster the energy to overtake? And then stay infront? Or do you want feet in your face the whole way? Usually Ive found you don't regret the overtake. The sheer adrenalin and ego boost you'll get from leaving this dude in the metaphorical dust, (cos obviously it's water rapids you'll be leaving him in) will propell you forward. Sounds mean, right? It's not. Noone likes swimming with feet in their face, if that was a pool package deal, our pools would be empty...which would actually b good and mean no feet in face. Hmmm maybe we should tell everyone... Look guys... If you go to this pool it's gonna be nasty... Feet etc. Don't do it. Then you get the lane go yourself. Or!!! Here's an idea. Reserve the lane for your swim school. Doesn't matter if you only have one pupil. You. Early days. School policy. Stuff...

soph said...

Look at you getting all "Ima gonna take ova yo".

But i take your point...

My "swim school"... yes.. good idea.

onlinesoph said...

re. hanging the tea towel, could you use a hanger with clips, like this?

http://www.craftynest.com/2008/09/pants-hangers-drawer-pulls/

Pretty sure you can get pant hangers like that from target or ikea.

soph said...

Yeah I thought of that Soph - i do like the idea of hanging something, or even with bull clips like i've seen on some blogs.

I was thinking though, it might just get dusty (particularly in our old apartment)?