Saturday, August 9, 2008

Slightly delirious



Sadly i'm still sick. And I have a feeling I'm not getting better. I made a bad decision yesterday and went to work, and then rushed to Cath's wedding yesterday (which was beautiful! and I didn't want to miss). But the whole day I was drugged up to suppress the temperatures I keep having. I ended up coming home feeling terrible, shivvering, but sweaty. Bad bad bad. I tried to keep a distance from people, but yeah I think I should've stayed home. But I so didn't want to miss the wedding.

Anyway, I'm paying for it now. Sitting here, sweating feeling so hot in the middle of winter. GARGH. Today was the first day since wednesday I didn't have a temperature during the day though. I slept for about 5 hours this afternoon, and I don't know if that means I'm getting better or not. But I now have this fever, even though I've taken two panadol.

I don't think I've been this sick before. It's like the flu, but worse than I've ever had it. I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel at the moment, and I'm feeling quite despondent.

I don't want to miss church and work, but the Dr said I needed to rest. But when will it go away? He said the tracheitis virus that's going around lasts about 6 weeks. I just can't fathom that. And the Olympics just aren't doing it for me right now...

** The LOL cat is to cheer me up. See more at www.icanhascheezburger.com

6 comments:

onlinesoph said...

Hey Soph, so sorry you're feeling like this. Don't feel guilty about staying home from church. Just do it. You need the rest! In fact, If I see you there, I'll send you home myself!

soph said...

Heh thanks soph. I've taken the day off today, and I'm thankful I can say I didn't wake up with a temperature. YAY.

Ali said...

Oh, hope you feel better soon! Let me know if I can do something? ... And you should definitely have a good rest ...

Nixter said...

Sorry you are so sick Soph - you poor poor thing, I think you are doing the right thing (resting and olympics) even though you want to be doing other things. The more you rest the quicker you will get better ;)

Will send you a reply on facebook soon gorgeous!

PS love the cat picture - very funny. and was great to see you on Friday ;)

soph said...

Thanks Ali, I have been resting up and feel a lot better today.

soph said...

And Thanks Nix, I am actually getting into the Olympics now, I really like watching the swimming. Lucky for me the finals are on in the morning!